Friday, May 14, 2010

It's Finally Friday!

Thank God that it's finally Friday, this week has been so trying. Starting with Tuesday, I had a really embarrassing episode in the middle of the Macy's shoe department. At first I just felt dizzy, but then the dizziness got so bad that not even sitting made me feel better. I started seeing black spots and felt nauseous, so in a desperate attempt to relieve myself of that feeling I laid down ON THE FLOOR of Macy's! It was definitely the most embarrassing moment of my life, but I felt better after that. I went home and took a nap, and then woke up later that evening and had horrible cramping with contractions. My Mom took me into the Labor & Delivery unit where they monitored me until 11PM and then came to the conclusion that I was dehydrated. They started me on an IV drip of fluids and told me to increase my fluid intake at home, then they discharged me from the hospital. Well, I guess that's one way to pre-register for the hospital! So that was Tuesday. I was down all day Wednesday, and then yesterday was my glucose tolerance test and blood work. This morning I got a phone call from the nurse at my doctor's office, Robin, telling me the results of the blood work came in and I am negative for gestational diabetes, however I am slightly anemic. I need to get started on an iron supplement now, but that's nothing too big. So now that it's Friday, let's see what this day brings!

1 comment:

  1. I didnt know you had a blog! You'll have to come visit ours!

    The same thing happened to me (not the laying down in Macy's part.) The found out that I was slightly anemic in my gestational diabetes test...so my ob just gave my a prenatal that had extra iron in it, so I didnt have to take two pills everyday. You're getting close!!!!!

    ReplyDelete