Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In The Sun.


This is the first post in a really long time, so for all of you people who were wondering if I had fallen off the face of the earth, I haven't, I've just been a little busy getting my life in order. I've cleaned house, in a manner of speaking, and I've rid my life of all the people that I didn't need that brought me down. I used to be such a happy, optimistic person, and for a while I lost sight of that and let all the negativity in my life really drag me down, but I have found my way back to being close to the person I used to be. I guess I'm just a little wiser this time around.

So I have a job now, which is definitely a new development since last time. I work at Babies R Us, which is pretty cool, but also really dangerous for me. I swear, sometimes it feels like I get paid on Friday, and before I've left work that day I've already spent my entire paycheck. Not really, but that's what it feels like.

Simone is almost 6 months now, too. She is getting so big, I don't know where the time is going. I feel like we're going through clothes faster than I can blink. She is seriously the most beautiful baby I have ever laid eyes on, and she's so good! She still sleeps through the night, and she loves to cuddle with me. She's always smiling, and she's so happy all the time. She hardly ever fusses, which makes me just about the most blessed mother in the world. There are times when being a mom can be a bit overwhelming, but I guess that comes with any kind of uncharted territory. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Come Sunday, we're dedicating Simone to the Lord. We bought her dedication gown at this cute little boutique store called the Duck Pond, and we also bought her after party dress there. I am thrilled to take this step with my daughter. I feel like not only am I opening a new chapter in my life, but I am doing it with the most important person in my life.

Well, that's all I can think to write for now, but you can bet that I'll update this more often, now that my life is a little settled once more. I guess I just needed to wait for the debris to clear and my life to calm down a bit. Thinks are definitely looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment