Thursday, September 2, 2010

Simone Regina Martin.


On July 31, 2010 at 5:13 PM, my beautiful baby Simone Regina Martin was born into this world. She was 20 inches and 6 pounds, 9 ounces. Simone was 3 weeks early. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.

At 4:50 AM, my water broke. By 6 we were in the hospital, hooked up to the monitors. Since my contractions weren't starting on their own, the nurse started me on a pitocin drip. By 12:30 PM my contractions were in full swing. I opted for the epidural at 3 PM, and at 4 PM it was time to start pushing! For all your Mamas, and all you people that know anything about childbirth, I had advanced from 4 cm to 10 cm in 1 hour! Then after an hour of pushing, Simone was born. That day was singularly the most important day of my life. This blog is coming a little late, seeing as how she's a month old now, but better late than never!


No comments:

Post a Comment